Travel Poster

I would like to travel to this destination because I would like to experience this part of Mexico. I love the beautiful structures and it seems like a great place to visit.

Photographer: Alfred Eisenstaedt

Alferd Eisenstaedt had been hired by LIFE magazine to take a “storytelling moment”. When WWII had ended on August 14, 1945, the streets of New York City were filled with joy and tons of people. While looking for subjects to catch a sailor took a nurse, tilted her head, and kissed her. This was right in front of Eisenstaedt, so he took this joyous photo. I chose this photo because it looked like a husband coming back from war and kissing his wife hello.

Photographer: Kevin Carter

Carter had set out to Sudan to photograph while done taking photos he came across a toddler whimpering that collapsed on their way to a feeding center. Later on, a vulture had landed close by the toddler, Carter wanted to move the child to safety but was advised ahead of time to not make contact with victims to avoid diseases. After 20 minutes of waiting for the bird to fly away he had scared it away and the toddler kept walking to the center. When the New York Times ran the photo, people were criticizing how Carter didn’t help the victim and what had happened to the kid. Reviled later that the toddler had survived for only 14 years the cause of dead would be due to malarial fever. A year later after Carter took this photo, he had taken his own life stating, ” I am haunted by the vivid memories of killings & corpses & anger & pain.” I chose this image because I’ve seen it before, but I never knew the story behind it.

Photographer: Andreas Gursky

This photo would set a record be the most expensive contemporary photograph sold. Turning modern day experiences into art was Gursky’s point. Having endless rows of goods, shoppers head that aren’t identified above the merchandise, it looks like more of a painting than a photo. The 99-cent photograph sold for $2.3 million even though other photos have surpassed this price it has made its way into the categories of oil paintings and marble sculptures. I chose this photo because all the colors attracted my attention, how all the products seem so organized and undisturbed.

This is one of my favorite covers of National Geographic because it shows happiness and excitement from being in the waves of the ocean.

This is one of my favorite covers of National Geographic because there’s a gorilla and a kitten. Usually, people would think that a gorilla is vicious and seeing it with a calm kitten it’s surprising.

This is one of my favorite covers of National Geographic because instead of it being a photo that is shot it’s a drawing of two dinosaurs and it draws in more of my attention.