Self Portrait

1/250 sec, f/4.5, ISO 800, 35.00 mm, Manual

I am shy, calm, funny, open-minded, courageous, ambitious, energetic, joyful, creative, confident, bright, daring, independent, driven, expressive, genuine, honest, imaginative, responsible, indecisive, amusing, neat, visionary, amazed, curious.

Taken on phone

Conceptual means that it is based on mental concepts.
This concept of photo shows something of me by representing simplicity. There’s just a teddy bear that’s sitting in a window. I’ve had it for years and I’ve never changed anything about it. The bear has grown old but still stayed the same. I like how it’s always the same because there’s no drastic changes to it. What I like about myself is that I like things to be simple. When something’s get difficult or complicated in my mind I hate it. Simplicity is easier to work with and doesn’t need much thought to it. But sometimes it’s not enough and things have to change to be more difficult. I love the way I am for being simple.

Cindy Shermans work is kind of hard to understand but it’s beautiful. Her type of style when shooting seems old and out of a movie. The ability of her getting famous by her self-portraits is fascinating because they just look like regular photos taken without meanings but it’s so much more than that. What I think she’s trying to imply in this self-portrait is that